Tuesday, January 17, 2012

It Wont Be Like This For Long - Darrius Rucker

Dear 2011,

What a great year you were! Jeffery and I had some great vacations with family and friends, and our shining moment of the year was when Ms. Carmie Elizabeth came into our lives at 3:14 am on September 21.

Since then as you can imagine we have been very busy learning how to raise a baby, which I am using as my excuse for not writing since July. Carmie has been such a joy in our lives, as I’m sure most people would assume a new baby would be. However, let’s not forget that the best thing I had to compare a baby to was my trusty dog Bennett! Several new moms’ I knew told me a couple of times, “If you can just get through the first six weeks…,” “if you can just get through the first three months it will get better.” I don’t know what they were talking about. Every stage has been AMAZING!

During the first month Carmie was the best little snuggler. She would eat and then nestle down to sleep on your chest. I loved how she would squirm around until her head rested just under your neck. I think she liked hearing heartbeats.


In her second month of life she celebrated her first Thanksgiving and began holding her head up and started cracking a toothless grin.



By the third month she had begun developing her sweet personality (well, most of the time). Carmie knows what she wants and when she wants it. Some call this “spoiled.” I just say she knows what she wants out of life.




2011, thank you for being such a wonderful year. I’m sad to see you go, but looking forward to seeing what 2012 has to bring for our new family!

Cheers,
Liz

No comments: