Thursday, May 23, 2013

"On the beach, that's where I want to be. On the beach, baby come go with me."

Well, we are coming to the end of our vacation.  Usually towards the end of the week I'm ready to get back into my routine, but not this year.  I'm guessing that's because my toddler wont slow down for anything and I don't feel like I've gotten much rest at all.  C'est la vie.

Monday it rained, so nearly the entire day was a wash out.  Jeffery and I tried to take Carmie to the library late in the afternoon, but she was more interested in shadowing the librarians than reading any of the books.  After about the second or third time of stopping her right before she walked behind the librarian's desk, we decided to head out.

Tuesday was a bit better.  We were all able to get out on the beach, even Bennett!

Jeffery helping Carmie build a sand castle.

Bennett trying to avoid any sand Carmie might be flinging.
Although the day was a bit cloudy, that afternoon was beautiful, so we went out to take some pictures on the dunes.
Carmie was pretty excited to get back on the beach.

"I'm the king of the world!!!!"

Carmie and her daddy.

A beautiful afternoon on Oak Island, NC.
Our shoulders got a little pink on Tuesday, so Wednesday we decided to hold off on going back down to the beach until later in the afternoon.  We walked around Southport a bit and hung out inside util the heat of the day passed.  Carmie is such a little ham and is constantly on the go or getting into something.  This afternoon she realized that standing over a vent with air blowing will make your dress blow up!
The moment in a little girls life when she realizes dresses can do this!

Playing on the beach.  Still not so sure about the water, so we stayed up on the sand.

Nothing like a delicious meal to help you unwind.

I loved watching Carmie look at all these pictures.  They are of my sisters and me when we were young.  She studied them for most of the evening.
 Today was my birthday.  We celebrated by visiting the NC Aquarium at Fort Fisher and grabbed lunch at Elijah's on the Wilmington river front.
Carmie was captivated by all the fish.

Jeffery and Carmie watching the fish.

Heading out of the aquarium and onto lunch.

Yummy crab dip with garlic bread appetizer at Elijah's.
It's truly been a great week and I'm not ready for it to end (I'm really not ready to clean up all the sand in the beach house from the dog and baby).  Can't wait to get back down here!

No comments: