Wednesday, January 2, 2013

"I'm gonna watch you shine, Gonna watch you grow. Gonna paint a sign, So you'll always know. As long as one and one is two, There could never be a father, Who loved his daughter more than I love you" - Father and Daughter, Paul Simon


As 2012 has come to an end and we enter into 2013, I have been reflecting on the past year of the Hunter household.  In thinking back on the year one thing remained constant, how awesome a dad my husband is.  As I finished dinner tonight Jeffery took over bath time.  Later he had to run an errand and as I put Carmie to  bed and turned off the bathroom light I noticed this.


It caught me off guard since it's not very often you find writing on your shower wall (not to worry, it's a bath crayon and will wash right off), but I thought to myself how lucky Carmie is to have Jeffery as a dad.  As I think back I want to share some of my favorite daddy-daughter moments.  Enjoy!

Carmie's 4 month trip to the doctors office.

Getting ready for bedtime.

Trying to get daddy up and moving!

Getting ready for Carmie's baptism.

This was our beach week in May.  We made sure Carmie was in the shade and had on lots of SPF!


At the NC Aquarium.

Jeffery typically handles the bedtime routine.

Helping Jeffery open Father's Day gifts.  Candy boxes make excellent rattles.

Hanging out around the house.

Carmie had bad re flux as a baby.  However, it never really bothered her.  Can't say the same for Jeffery.


Trying to coax Carmie into walking.

Carmie's first birthday.

The UNC TV tent at the State Fair.

Carmie trying to feed Jeffery something she'd already been eating at Jack's birthday party.

Settling down for bedtime.


Working off Thanksgiving dinner.

The tree lighting at North Hills.



No comments: